Fog light help! - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekfire07

Reaction score
Okay Guys, I am baffled on this one. I am upgrading my fog lights to led.
My driver's side was burnt out. So I replaced it with the new led. No problem. Go to the passenger side working fine. Replace the bulb and now it doesn't light up. I thought maybe a bad led. Bought a second pack. Same results. Any ideas where or what to look at. It worked before bulb replacement. The only thing I could think is maybe a bad ground.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Erik

OP
OP
tekfire07

tekfire07

Reaction score
Okay Guys, I am baffled on this one. I am upgrading my fog lights to led.
My driver's side was burnt out. So I replaced it with the new led. No problem. Go to the passenger side working fine. Replace the bulb and now it doesn't light up. I thought maybe a bad led. Bought a second pack. Same results. Any ideas where or what to look at. It worked before bulb replacement. The only thing I could think is maybe a bad ground.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Erik
2009 LT 4x4

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are the LEDs polarity-sensitive? Would you be able to rotate them 180° and reinsert?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have 12 volts at the truck side of the connector on the passenger side? Is it possible that the truck side connector got damaged when you removed the incandescent bulb?

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it figured out. It ended up being a bad ground wire. Ran a new wire and everything is working as it should. Thanks for the suggestions.
I think I'm having the same issue. The driver side just stopped working. Can you instruct me on where the ground wire is? I replaced the bulb and plug attached but nothing seems to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts