Flywheel/driveplate - orientation question

Reinstall the flywheel/driveplate the way it came off or align it with the extra hole on the block?

• Reinstall the way it came off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Align the extra holes between the flywheel/driveplate and engine block

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggeorgia

Reaction score
Hey guys, just finished replacing the rear main seal and housing gasket on my 04 Tahoe. Chilton book said to mark relationship between the flywheel/driveplate and crankshaft -- I did this step. Upon removing, it appears that the "extra" hole on the engine block didn't match with the extra hole on the flywheel/driveplate. My instinct is to install the flywheel/driveplate the way it came off, but I can't help but wonder if it was put on this way by mistake.

I checked a few YouTube videos and noticed one in particular where the guy took his flywheel/driveplate off and the extra hole didn't match up. He didn't say anything about it. Here's the video I'm referring to -- go to 1:20:

This guy reinstalled the flywheel/driveline with the extra hole aligned with the one on the engine block -- see 9:17.

So my question is, should I reinstall the flywheel/driveplate the way it came off or align it with the extra hole on the block?

upload_2021-4-7_18-19-46.png

upload_2021-4-7_18-19-31.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas