Flowmaster 70 series Big Block II...will it fit on 2 dr?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster 70 series Big Block II...will it fit on 2 dr? (Video now included!)

Hey guys...need a new exhaust. Wondering if anyone has a Flowmaster 70 series Big Block II muffler, and will it fit on the 2 door without any issues? Also...how does it sound? I am not looking for anything to harsh or loud...just want that great V8 growl. Looking at the dual in, dual out one, so a muffler shop can do dual pipes out the back.
Thanks for the help, as always!

Last edited:

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
itll work. dont know how it is going to sound... I had a 50 series with duals out the back and it sounded great!! I know have a 50 series with headers and all new tubing that is 3 inch to the muffler to 3.5 inch tailpipe. Its super loud! The big block is a replacement over stock. (thats what the guy at my muffler shop said) he also said it will a different tone but not very loud at all. Not very noticeable at all.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
itll work. dont know how it is going to sound... I had a 50 series with duals out the back and it sounded great!! I know have a 50 series with headers and all new tubing that is 3 inch to the muffler to 3.5 inch tailpipe. Its super loud! The big block is a replacement over stock. (thats what the guy at my muffler shop said) he also said it will a different tone but not very loud at all. Not very noticeable at all.

OK...thanks for the help with this...guess its not what I'm looking for then. I was looking for a noticeable difference...just not really loud or obnoxious (just not for me) I cant even hear my exhaust with the stock system on it now. :(

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a 50 series with duals out the back. look it up on youtube. I know its not the same. I wish i would have taken a video of mine before and after but i just forgot. The best way for me to explain the 50 series is; roars to life when turned on. Quiets down at idle but a low rumble. Moderately loud on acceleration. Cant hear it at 70 going down the highway.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a 50 series with duals out the back. look it up on youtube. I know its not the same. I wish i would have taken a video of mine before and after but i just forgot. The best way for me to explain the 50 series is; roars to life when turned on. Quiets down at idle but a low rumble. Moderately loud on acceleration. Cant hear it at 70 going down the highway.

Perfect....thanks a lot! So you have the 50 series big block or the SUV one?

Last edited:

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry its been awhile. forgot to check this with school going on. I had a 50 series SUV on my dual set up. i now have the 50 series delta flow. they are the same size i believe just a different chamber setup inside i think. dont quote me on that lol

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with the 50 series SUV muffler

Thanks to ALL that helped...the Magnaflow high flow cats, and the 50 series SUV muffler are on!!! Going out to a 3" pipe and a 3.5" tip...sounds REALLY great!!!!! :rocking:
Let me know if you guys need a sound clip of what it sounds like.
Thanks again.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got it whipped. Glad to see that you like it. Before i did my long tubes it sounds good. I like my headers to much to go back to tiny pipe. Course im planning for the future. My exhaust is like this: Long tube headers with a 3" inch collector, 3 inch custom mandrel bent tubes to the muffler. (the muffler is in the factory location. the pipes were made to go around that.) with a 50 series big block muffler with a 3.5 inch tailpipe mandrel bent custom made with a 3.5inch to 4 inch chrome tip. Love the way headers sound at high rpm's. I get compliments on it all the time. Ill get some pics uploaded this summer when i have to get back under there and make a new transition curve over the t-bar location. (My 3 inch piping is rattling against that at idle in drive or reverse. not sure if i need to just replace motor mounts to a stronger one or just new ones. well see)

Now on to more modifications!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510