'flipper' glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

took the Tahoe to her birthplace in TX, *lol*, great trip with that vehicle. She wanted a bunch of souvenirs too, mostly Craftsman, since Sears seems to be on it's way out.

Anyway, question about the glass in the lift gate. It stopped working/opening with the remote, but just woks fine when using the button, underneath the applique. (I have been mucking around with the tailgate, because of the camera and disconnected the harness when I took it off to make the hole for the camera.)

any ideas?

thanks,

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my first suggestion would be to check all your fuses maybe you blew a particular fuse when messing with it and double check all your work, may sure all the connectors are tight and clean, if that does not resolve it, then maybe disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes and see if it resets, if not then either take it to the dealer or get one of those fancy tech2 scanners

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my first suggestion would be to check all your fuses maybe you blew a particular fuse when messing with it and double check all your work, may sure all the connectors are tight and clean, if that does not resolve it, then maybe disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes and see if it resets, if not then either take it to the dealer or get one of those fancy tech2 scanners

You think that, since I disconnected it, the vehicles computer might have 'forgotten' about it?
What is strange is that the 'manual' button just works. Those scanners are probably pretty pricey?

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think that, since I disconnected it, the vehicles computer might have 'forgotten' about it?
What is strange is that the 'manual' button just works. Those scanners are probably pretty pricey?

Ron
ya the knock off's are like $250-300, that's just if you REALLY want to try and figure it out yourself, I have mine programmed into a aftermarket alarm fob, but I never use it remotely, I usually am loading and unloading bigger stuff so I just squeeze the handle for the hatch.
when you did the camera thing did you have the battery disconnected?

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya the knock off's are like $250-300, that's just if you REALLY want to try and figure it out yourself, I have mine programmed into a aftermarket alarm fob, but I never use it remotely, I usually am loading and unloading bigger stuff so I just squeeze the handle for the hatch.
when you did the camera thing did you have the battery disconnected?

No, I didn't. thought: "it's only the switch, no biggie'... maybe I better should have. When I swap the DOA camera with the replacement, I'll disconnect it.

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't. thought: "it's only the switch, no biggie'... maybe I better should have. When I swap the DOA camera with the replacement, I'll disconnect it.

Ron
im just wondering if it caused a problem with a module of something if that's the case or maybe it just needs some kind of relearn? i'm just guessing here, kind of a weird thing to happen.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just wondering if it caused a problem with a module of something if that's the case or maybe it just needs some kind of relearn? i'm just guessing here, kind of a weird thing to happen.

yeah, who knows, nowadays ... you can mess things up pretty good by just replacing a lightbulb

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17