Fixing up the Old Tahoe 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TYC is a good brand of headlight. With that said, any brand you get you would be good to put a small bead of silicone around the edge to keep condensation from getting in.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
TYC is a good brand of headlight. With that said, any brand you get you would be good to put a small bead of silicone around the edge to keep condensation from getting in.
^
This--I did this almost 2 yrs ago and they're still bone dry. I also put some dialectic grease where the bulbs plug into the lenses, just for added security.20180624_154653.jpg
Also--my HD hood.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upload_2018-10-17_10-50-49.png

Here is one I saw I like recently. I'm not a fan of chrome at all, but thought showing you the other way might give you some ideas.

Carid.com has a pretty good selection of aftermarket (cowl) hoods. Most people just do the 2001-2002 HD hood because its an easy factory part that swaps right over, and factory stuff usually does fit right the first time. Anything aftermarket might need some work to fit right, but never anything your paint (and body) person can't handle.

I have used DEPO lights on two vehicles now and I have been happy with them. I chose them because they were the only brand I could find that had projectors and didn't have HALO lights. I think there are a couple other options, but I want to say they are no longer available, if that's your style.

I'm pretty sure when you say "belt molding" you're talking the trim on the side of the doors. Its supposed to help prevent parking lot door dings in to you, but IMO definitely looks better without. You can buy a roll of it on ebay or wherever for about $40-$50 and do it yourself. There are several different styles or colors you might like better than factory.

Not sure what your budget/intentions is, but just to throw a bunch of options:

I'd make sure the suspension is all fresh, brakes are good,
wheels and tires (6 x 139.7)
A DECENT STEREO: Either a double din, with navigation if he is going somewhere new to him, or at least a smaller garmin/nuvi hand held unit. Otherwise depending on what his phone is/how techie he is something that will have android auto or apple carplay.

OP
OP
Stef

Stef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wanting to change rims and tires. I want a regular sidewall but I would like to increase the rim size to fill up the wheel well a bit. Any suggestions on rim and tire size.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts