2003 tahoe aux/bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03 tahoe kid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 tahoe with stock radio 6 disc changer, amfm, on star, and bose system. Wanted to add a aux or do bluetooth. I burn cds already but it's just kind of a pain the ass. Was wondering if anyone knows a way to wire in a aux and or bluetooth? Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I don't believe that you will have an easy time accomplishing your objective with your current head unit. Virtually all new head units have that capabilities that you are looking for.

Your best bet is to establish a budget for a new head unit, and then go to Crutchfield.com and look at what is available in your budget range. There will also be an adapter (extra cost, but totally worth it) that you can also buy from Crutchfield, so that you can install the new head unit without cutting and soldering individual wires.

OP
OP
03 tahoe kid

03 tahoe kid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I've looked at a new headunit and doing a module to retain the chime and steering wheels controls, but I saw some people were able to do it with the xm radio feature, mine does not have that. But I was wondering if I could wire in a switch that allows me to have the aux hooked in with the cd input. So when on cd I can play cd or aux. If that's even possible

OP
OP
03 tahoe kid

03 tahoe kid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I don't believe that you will have an easy time accomplishing your objective with your current head unit. Virtually all new head units have that capabilities that you are looking for.

Your best bet is to establish a budget for a new head unit, and then go to Crutchfield.com and look at what is available in your budget range. There will also be an adapter (extra cost, but totally worth it) that you can also buy from Crutchfield, so that you can install the new head unit without cutting and soldering individual wires.
Here's the truck

Attachments

• 20240107_163416.jpg
    20240107_163416.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 4

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're expensive now, but I have one of these that lets me use steering wheel controls and it also displays artist/track info.

OP
OP
03 tahoe kid

03 tahoe kid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damn yeah they are expensive. At that rate I might aswell just do a new headunit and module. I'm just trying to spend the least honestly, I wouldn't be worried so much about wiring it. So it seems my only options are new headunit or do one of those. I was thinking I could somehow tap into the cd mode for the aux and just have a 2 way switch so that when the radios on cd I can play cd or flip the switch and run aux, I just don't have a wiring diagram for this radio. Nor does the cd have any plugs as it is built in with the radio.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a thread on here and other forums about adding an aux on the cheap. You could plug a Bluetooth module into that.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
2003 tahoe with stock radio 6 disc changer, amfm, on star, and bose system. Wanted to add a aux or do bluetooth. I burn cds already but it's just kind of a pain the ass. Was wondering if anyone knows a way to wire in a aux and or bluetooth? Thanks
Tap into the xm module and that's it. Watch the entire video

Total cost 5 bucks

Last edited:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most links are pointing to the chevyavalanche forum and is dead.

I didn’t watch it but might work:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019