First Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luminant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I live in the Seattle area, and I bought my first Tahoe about 6 months ago--a 2011 in the color Iced Metallic Blue! So excited to find that color, I had it shipped from Montana to Washington and bought it sight unseen! (Risky, I know, but I had a friend in the area who went over to the dealer and checked it out for me)

Previously, I had 3 Yukons, a 4.8, a 5.3 and a 6.0 Denali. Loved the 5.3 the best, so that's what I bought again.

I'm having a strange issue though and wonder if anyone can answer this: why does the stock radio turn on when the gas light comes on??? Easy fix--don't let the gas light come on, LOL. But seriously--what's the connection? Any ideas?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I live in the Seattle area, and I bought my first Tahoe about 6 months ago--a 2011 in the color Iced Metallic Blue! So excited to find that color, I had it shipped from Montana to Washington and bought it sight unseen! (Risky, I know, but I had a friend in the area who went over to the dealer and checked it out for me)

Previously, I had 3 Yukons, a 4.8, a 5.3 and a 6.0 Denali. Loved the 5.3 the best, so that's what I bought again.

I'm having a strange issue though and wonder if anyone can answer this: why does the stock radio turn on when the gas light comes on??? Easy fix--don't let the gas light come on, LOL. But seriously--what's the connection? Any ideas?
My truck has the navigation unit and when the low fuel light comes on, it triggers a warning on the nav unit and asks if I want to know where the nearest gas station is. So maybe yours has had its nav unit replaced with a radio and it's waking up in this manner.

Welcome from Florida!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.