First Production Diesel(Escalade) Video!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avery323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm soooo curious to read some car mag tests of the diesel option -- it's a really interesting choice

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following... waiting to here from real customers what they think...interested also....

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Can't wait to see the real world numbers!

Mooseman93

Reaction score
First of all, WOW! What an awesome vehicle!
Second, as the guy who is going to buy this truck from you "rich" people 7-10 years from now, all these electronics scare the bejeesus out of me. Everything in this video looked like big dollar signs when they inevitability fail. The original autolevel shocks on my 2001 Yukon XL only lasted a decade, these look 10x fancier and way more expensive. Literally everything on here is electronic or motorized except for the fuel door. I guess I have a bias towards simpler, mechanical stuff I can actually work on. Also not sure I'm comfortable thinking about a rollover with a roof that's pretty much all glass.
See how easily I talked myself into enjoying what I have? Just saved $100K!

Tyler M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Escalade looks like it adopted BMW's shifter and media selector. I miss that selector from my 328d. It was nice to be driving and have that in my hand as I was switching the radio or sending messages with CarPlay.

Luvsbaby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First of all, WOW! What an awesome vehicle!
Second, as the guy who is going to buy this truck from you "rich" people 7-10 years from now, all these electronics scare the bejeesus out of me. Everything in this video looked like big dollar signs when they inevitability fail. The original autolevel shocks on my 2001 Yukon XL only lasted a decade, these look 10x fancier and way more expensive. Literally everything on here is electronic or motorized except for the fuel door. I guess I have a bias towards simpler, mechanical stuff I can actually work on. Also not sure I'm comfortable thinking about a rollover with a roof that's pretty much all glass.
See how easily I talked myself into enjoying what I have? Just saved $100K!
You sound just like me. I have a 2001 Yukon XL and rented a 2022 Suburban in October. All I did was assess just like you did. You can keep the plastic electronic piece of 120,000 vehicles. I love my 'baby.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700