FINALLY!! New I-Forged Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my wheels all mounted up. 3-piece I-Forged Imolas - 9.5" x 22" (brushed aluminum hoops with anthracite centers) mounted on Nitto 420-S (285/45/22). Before I get thrashed for not going with 24" wheels...I don't care for O-ring tires (personal preference). I can lower it .5" more via my Bell-Tech adjustable struts, and will post more pics when I get that done.

DSC02501.jpg
burb4.jpg
burb3.jpg
burb2.jpg

Honestly the one of the most tasteful rims ive seen in this forum. Good job man, you make me jealous

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
black slotted roters and silver calipers would look ridiculous with your setup.. looks good i got to admit havens seen those rims on a suv.. i like

That's my next upgrade...Will probably go with a Baer big brake kit.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Honestly the one of the most tasteful rims ive seen in this forum. Good job man, you make me jealous

Thank you..

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autoride

JetStar - awesome truck. I am looking at the same Belltech setup for my 07 Burbn LTZ. How did you maintain the Autoride with the 753sp kit? Doesn't that kit come with new shocks and struts? I was looking at the 733 blt kit which comes without shocks/struts - any thoughts? You mention that you are using the adjustable struts in front - how does that alter the Autoride? Any computer issues or codes since the drop? Are you happy with the ride?

Thanks for any assistance you can give.
Mark

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice set up man! :waytogo: I'm with you on not caring for "O-ring tires". I need more sidewall than that and those 22's are just about perfect for having a larger wheel but still having enough sidewall on the tire. I also like the contrast of that "gunmetal" color against the black. Nicely done, man!

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
JetStar - awesome truck. I am looking at the same Belltech setup for my 07 Burbn LTZ. How did you maintain the Autoride with the 753sp kit? Doesn't that kit come with new shocks and struts? I was looking at the 733 blt kit which comes without shocks/struts - any thoughts? You mention that you are using the adjustable struts in front - how does that alter the Autoride? Any computer issues or codes since the drop? Are you happy with the ride?

Thanks for any assistance you can give.
Mark

Mark,

Thank you for the compliment.

The Belltech kit came with shock relocating brackets for the rear, which moves the lower shock mounting point down a few inches. In addition, I shortened the rods on the Autoride sensors. I can't remember by how much.

My kit came with drop spindles, adjustable front stuts (can be raised or lowered 2 inches in either direction, in .5" increments), rear shock relocation brackets and shorter rear shocks which I didnt use.

The front stuts are not electronic as the OEM ones are, meaning there is no provison to plug the wires into the strut as on the OEM units. That was of no concern to me, but I did want to keep the rear Autoride in tact, which I did as mentioned above.

As for as the ride is concerned, its virtually identical to stock, if not better...feels more firm and not so big-boat-like. I love the way it rides.

I do have a code "Check Suspension System" but there is a fix for that by wiring in a resistor into the no longer used front strut sensor wiring. I just never got around to doing that. Its no big deal to hit the button on the dash to reset it.

One a side note; I have since then upgraded to Bear brakes' Eradispeed 15" rotors in the front, and 14" in the rear...amazing, the difference that makes in braking.

One more thing. Since I have the ajustable struts in the front, I lowered it (including the drop spindles) a total of 3.5" front and rear. This spring, I'll go another .5" front and rear, and I''l be done.

bear_burb.jpg

Glad to help, and let me know if have any other questions.

Clay

Last edited:

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck sits exactly like I want mine too. I'm assuming your kit also included the 3"-4"rear coils (you didn't mention). Now, why did you go with the adjustable struts in front (753sp) vs. simply using the 1"-2" coils (733blt). The 733blt kit is also listed as a 3-4front and 3-4 rear, yet it seems to keep the autoride struts in the front? Belltech also now supplies the needed shorter autoride rods for the rear (I think they are 3 inches vs. the almost 5inch OEM ones?).

Your thoughts/opinions on going the front spring vs front strut route to achieve the same 3.5 - 4 inch lowering??

Also, have you ever thought of having the computer reflashed to get rid of the code for the front Autoride?

Thanks for you input!
Mark

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
Mark,

It was close to two years ago when I bought the kit, and it's possible that they (Belltech) didnt have the 733blt at that time. Also, mine is 4WD, but I doubt that would make any difference. And you are correct, my kit came with the shorter springs for the rear, as well as shorter rods for the linkage on the rear autoride. Yeah I have thought about doing the reflash, but I'm so busy, I dont seem to have time to do things that arent that important.

To answer your question, I guess I would go with the 733blt. Its gotta be cheaper than what I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave