FI or crate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife reminded me that I can buy any car I want if other things are paid off...REALLY struggling with purchase decisions right now. Plus found a suspect vendor with the whipple 2.3 kit with a great mday discount...which isn't helping. I feel like Cadet Stimpy trying to hold out from pushing the red button. THE JOLLY RED, CANDY-LIKE BUTTON.
Why is the vendor suspect? Are they not well known?

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not well known, crapish website, and some very mixed reviews (Dana port). Seems they are perfect if what u order is in stock, but a nightmare if not. I'm afraid to call and ask if the kit is in-stock because that will probably push me over the edge of purchase if they have it.

I also found a vendor that seemingly has all the raybestos gpz pieces that my transmission shop needs for their upgrade kit...so theoretically I could work with them both and get the trans parts at a better deal and get all of that done...would just need the dod delete parts and cam then...which I haven't looked into yet.

I want a blower so freaking bad, but then I think about having an ls7 instead and think about how that money could go towards a c6z06 and.. well...I'm torn lol

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I gave the wife 3 choices:
1. Buy an old muscle car
2. Buy a corvette
3. Turn Hector into a muscle car

"Well, turning our current vehicle into one makes the most sense. But a corvette would be cool. We should build a drag car out of <in-law>'s Camaro."

Well I agree with both of those statements! It's a crap 305 3rd gen but starter cars are starter cars. Plus, hello ls7. I'm in.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I gave the wife 3 choices:
1. Buy an old muscle car
2. Buy a corvette
3. Turn Hector into a muscle car

"Well, turning our current vehicle into one makes the most sense. But a corvette would be cool. We should build a drag car out of <in-law>'s Camaro."

Well I agree with both of those statements! It's a crap 305 3rd gen but starter cars are starter cars. Plus, hello ls7. I'm in.

I'll believe it when I see it.

...Whatever "it" happens to be cuz I have a feeling none of you are sure of anything yet. :D

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it.

...Whatever "it" happens to be cuz I have a feeling none of you are sure of anything yet. :D

The drag car is admittedly very low on my list...its a lot of work and money for a fun-level hobby.

And yeah, "it" will most certainly chamge.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife reminded me that I can buy any car I want if other things are paid off...REALLY struggling with purchase decisions right now. Plus found a suspect vendor with the whipple 2.3 kit with a great mday discount...which isn't helping. I feel like Cadet Stimpy trying to hold out from pushing the red button. THE JOLLY RED, CANDY-LIKE BUTTON.
Or this one:

1654286505641.png