Feedback | Doing business with Blackbear performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt know they only do business over email until AFTER I PAID.... Hence the reason for this post. Perhaps this will help other folks who appreciate good customer service.

According to the email correspondence, assuming that the information JennaBear provided is correct, you were told on Sept. 26th, and again on Sept. 30th, you paid on Dec. 22nd.

I am all for customer reviews but you are upset about something you knew within 2 days of contacting them.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I didnt know they only do business over email until AFTER I PAID.... Hence the reason for this post. Perhaps this will help other folks who appreciate good customer service and a company that returns voicemail from their customers.

Response to edit: It is not feasible for most smaller companies to answer the phones, thus why most have emails, it is full time jobs to answer the phones. A company needs to find ways to provide low cost products/services and still make a profit, Black Bear chooses to not have a full time phone tech. I am not sure why you chose them if you believe phone contact is that important when they told you that they only provide contact over email. :shrug:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This type of thread has come up once before.

However, seeing that BBP (Black Bear Performance) not to be confused with (BPP) Phil LOL...... is answering emails regularly and also tending to this thread..... I say they are good in my book.

Running a business AND attending calls is quite difficult. However, since this is a issue, maybe BBP may look into having at least a Phone# that people may be able to leave messages. Some old school people still like having a actual phone contact, even though emails typically get faster response.

JMHO

Last edited:

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This type of thread has come up once before.

However, seeing that BBP (Black Bear Performance) not to be confused with (BPP) Phil...... is answering emails regularly and also tending to this thread..... I say they are good in my book.

Running a business AND attending calls is quite difficult. However, since this is a issue, maybe BBP may look into having at least a Phone# that people may be able to leave messages. Some old school people still like having a actual phone contact, even though emails typically get faster response.

JMHO

EXACTLY
Was waiting for you to post, knew it would be straight up logic!
I'm one of those old school people that like a phone #. While not a deal breaker, it does make me hesitant.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY
Was waiting for you to post, knew it would be straight up logic!
I'm one of those old school people that like a phone #. While not a deal breaker, it does make me hesitant.

:Handshake:

I can see that. I encounter this type of stuff where I work at as well.

Some people get angry if you have a phone number only and no site, some don't care and want EVERYTHING online, some even just send text messages (first time contact....not even knowing if it is a land line or cell) :hmmm2:

Others want to talk it through first, and then you NEVER hear their voice again LOL, they use the site to pay etc.....

Some of it seems to be a generational gap...... for others.... they don't want to get burned by a business again as they may have had a poor experience from a different vendor.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my deal....
At some point in life your going to pay for a service or product that your not satisfied with. The ability to call and talk to a person, regardless of wether the issue is resolved or not, gives you a better feeling than an email. If shit hits the fan, atleast I can CALL that person/company. In my research of heads/port/polish/ transmission build/ cams/ lifters etc etc, I've spoken to atleast a dozen people. The guys and gals that took their time and talked to me earned my business. I dropped almost a grand with Brian Tooley Racing, even if I get sent the wrong part, or whatever may come up, I'm confident that I can pick up the phone and get results then and not have to play the email game.
On the opposite side, I know what it's like to be so busy that phone calls are out of the question, for that moment... When time and opportunity presents itself, then I'll make calls.
Sometimes it's just a voice on the other end that can soothe chaos.

.... Sometimes it's just a cat pick....

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is arguing whether or not it is good business practice, BBP made a decision that makes sense for their company, every customer can choose not to use them. You guys advocating for them to get a phone, are you willing to pay an additional $100 per tune? Are you willing to wait am additional week or more for a tune? Wouldn't to give up in person tunes? If you cannot answer yes to all these then what do you expect them to do? A business has to make money or they will no longer be around.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I have had nothing but great response and work from BBP. Jenna and julie have gone waaay beyond in helping when I had questions or bothered them. From the forum to emails it was generally quick imo. Its a small business, you need to understand that. Supply and demand. They are in high demand from multiple forums and other outputs. Small companies do better with emails because phones are TIME CONSUMING. I dont think you understand how involved phone operations are.

The customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. I spent 12 years as a retail manager. No. Get over yourself. If you dont like it, go somewhere else. Period.

And what Goodinblack stated is true as well. It would be nice to have a phone contact as alot of older generations and people prefer phone. But thats the businesses choice. Not ours.

All in all, I give blackbear an A for customer service imo. Anytime I had questions, they were quick and efficient.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% agree with both Phil and Derek. In my experience PM via the forum and/or emails both yield very reasonable response times and are willing to answer any and all questions. The fact that they work mostly via email makes all the sense in the world to me but then again I'm not tied to a phone and don't care to talk on the phone. This is 2015 not 1985 :shrug:

As long as BBP is around I won't use any other company for future tunes. That's how much I love the tune on my burb and will eventually use them to tune my 98.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez guys I wasn't saying anything bad about them, merely how comforting a phone call can be...
Gah, get off me nuts bros!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee has a sexy voice. You should call him for the comfort IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.