Feedback,buzzing, whine, whatever you call it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help. I've installed systems before but this one is driving me crazy. I have two pheonix gold amps one is two channel one is 4. I've been running the two channel a couple years in my Tahoe which is an 02 pushing two tens. I've had zero issues with this amp or setup. Well my door speakers needed upgrading I picked up some kenwoods that handle a Rms of 75watt 4 ohms. The four channel amp also can handle Rms of 50 at 4 ohms. I installed the four channel amp and used a power distribution block to power it. It has it own separate ground. When I power everything on I get awful feedback. It gets louder when I drive and it does not do it when the key is turned back to accessory. The local stereo shop is no help they only want money to trouble shoot it. Couple guys I know said it can be the ground or the rca's ive changed the ground and it still does it. I'm going to try the rca cables next. Has anyone ran into this and can help. Thanks a lot.

OP
OP
Crcz71

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. After about a dozen phone calls and chasing wires. The final verdict is the head unit has bad pre outs. Swapped it out with another unit and the noise is gone. Apparently the filters in the head unit went out. So if anyone else runs into this maybe it will help.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get any advise on the subject but at least you got it figured out! Sometimes that crap can be hard to solve without going drastic but at least you got is resolved!

jxw004

Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get a answer, this can also be a ground loop problem too. Basically a bad ground with HU or amp. Just for anyone viewing in the future or if it happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas