Fast Blinker good bulbs and sockets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestLinnYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, after hours of diagnostics I am going to see if any you guys can help me!

I have intermittent fast blinker right hand side. When it blinks fast only the mirror light works and blinks fast. Front and rear do not work at all. It will be bad for days and then work for 10 minutes sometimes.

- All bulbs are fine, have been replaced and tested on other side of car
- All sockets have been taken apart checked and are fine
- I replaced the turn signal switch yesterday (I also had the bright light on rt turn issue) that did not help
- I took apart, inspected and cleaned the distribution center for light harnesses under the passenger side rear
- I inspected the trailer wiring

Because of intermittent nature I suspect a ground, but where is it, and would it really be only for one side? If so can I test this be grounding out each socket? If yes is that by default the black wire on each one. Thanks everyone!

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On that year, are the lamps for Turn signals ONLY? Or do they double as parking/marker? If they double, do those functions work when the turn signals do not?

What about the Hazard (4 way) flashers?

Trying to pin down if a wiring problem or something else.

What about the turn signal flasher unit itself?

OP
OP
WestLinnYukon

WestLinnYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On that year, are the lamps for Turn signals ONLY? Or do they double as parking/marker? If they double, do those functions work when the turn signals do not?

What about the Hazard (4 way) flashers?

Trying to pin down if a wiring problem or something else.

What about the turn signal flasher unit itself?
Great questions. Yes they are multipurpose and they do work as markers. But not 4-way flashers. However the left side of the care flashers do work on 4-ways.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are multipurpose and they do work as markers.
In my mind, that eliminates a ground issue. Most lamps only have one ground and the dim/bright is either two wires or controlled some other way.

JOE CORRADO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, after hours of diagnostics I am going to see if any you guys can help me!

I have intermittent fast blinker right hand side. When it blinks fast only the mirror light works and blinks fast. Front and rear do not work at all. It will be bad for days and then work for 10 minutes sometimes.

- All bulbs are fine, have been replaced and tested on other side of car
- All sockets have been taken apart checked and are fine
- I replaced the turn signal switch yesterday (I also had the bright light on rt turn issue) that did not help
- I took apart, inspected and cleaned the distribution center for light harnesses under the passenger side rear
- I inspected the trailer wiring

Because of intermittent nature I suspect a ground, but where is it, and would it really be only for one side? If so can I test this be grounding out each socket? If yes is that by default the black wire on each one. Thanks everyone!
did u ever figure this out? my 2016 is doing the same thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu