Fan Shroud Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I noticed my two bolts we're missing that holds the upper fan shroud to the upper radiator support, and there's two other bolt holes that have nothing in them, one bolt hole next to each bolt that holds the shroud in place. Can someone take a pic of the bolts holding the shroud in place, looking from the firewall to the front? I'd really appreciate it. Tia.

1_8TTony

Reaction score
They should be 10mm bolts.
And I believe the nuts on the metal are called "Dorman Clip Nuts".......but I may be wrong.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
They should be 10mm bolts.
And I believe the nuts on the metal are called "Dorman Clip Nuts".......but I may be wrong.
Yup. I found some 10mm's, but is there anything that's supposed to go in the threaded holes next to each bolt? Or are they just empty threaded holes?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine looks different- that's where my radiator bolts up.

image.jpg

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM made those radiator supports for the Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Burban, and Escalade. And they were all available with different engines and radiators. So that's why there are different holes. Electric fans use one set of holes, and a regular fan shroud uses another set. Then there are 28" radiators and also 34" radiators.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took another look and figured it out. The blank hole on yours is where the electric fans bolt to, at which point they will cover up the hole that your fan shroud uses now. Look behind the prybar in this pic.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
GM made those radiator supports for the Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Burban, and Escalade. And they were all available with different engines and radiators. So that's why there are different holes. Electric fans use one set of holes, and a regular fan shroud uses another set. Then there are 28" radiators and also 34" radiators.
I took another look and figured it out. The blank hole on yours is where the electric fans bolt to, at which point they will cover up the hole that your fan shroud uses now. Look behind the prybar in this pic.

View attachment 74868
Thank you guys, I appreciate your effort. When I noticed the two bolts missing, needless to say I wasn't happy. I figured if those we're missing, what else did they forget. You never notice something until it's not right. Thank you both! :waytogo:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do your electric fan upgrade and you'll use those holes as well as cover the others up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts