Lower fan shroud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratled

Reaction score
Recently replaced my water pump. When I pulled the upper fan shroud out the lower one was was just sitting there all floppy. I know the lower is attached to the upper via the 4 tabs and the upper has the 2 bolts holding that in, but it sems to me there has to be holding the shrouds in and steady. I would think one good bump and and the shrouds are fan fodder. Am I missing something?

thanks

ratled

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The radiators have a hook on each end; the clutch fan lower shroud (like the electric fan shroud shown below) has ears that stick out to slip into the hooks to hold it tight to the radiator.

Radiator Hooks.JPG Fan2_resized.jpg

On the clutch fan shroud the ears are a couple of inches below the bolts that hold the two halves together.

20220216_193234.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldn't have asked for a better descriptive example. wouldn't be the first time ive seen those bolts missing as its a typical spot for a bolt on numerous vehicles and years. dont know why but bolts there tend to rust hella quick and will snap when removing them.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The radiators have a hook on each end; the clutch fan lower shroud (like the electric fan shroud shown below) has ears that stick out to slip into the hooks to hold it tight to the radiator.

View attachment 363485

On the clutch fan shroud the ears are a couple of inches below the bolts that hold the two halves together.

@Sam Harris did you recognize your electric fans? ;)

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Reaction score
THANKS fless!!!! Just what I needed. I don't think it was on right when I took it off as it was never that stable before. Gotta love those KISS things..... Keep It Simple Steve

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd