Factory Grille Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Went to the Philippines many times when in the Navy. Good times.

Olongapo City, Subic City, Manilla and Clark Air Base. Remember my story in the military thread about chasing water buffalo when flying in a helicopter off the aircraft carrier I was on.

OP
OP
SinfulSpeed

SinfulSpeed

Reaction score
S
Went to the Philippines many times when in the Navy. Good times.

Olongapo City, Subic City, Manilla and Clark Air Base. Remember my story in the military thread about chasing water buffalo when flying in a helicopter off the aircraft carrier I was on.

Sounds like good times. I love this place, time seems a bit slower down here.

OP
OP
SinfulSpeed

SinfulSpeed

Reaction score
Oh yea I thought so lol. Had me confused for a second.
My wife is from the Philippines. Been there once . Need to go back but Mr. Covid says no :bawl:

Nice! I'm sure she misses visiting too. Yeah, this whole covid thing surely did a number.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
S

Sounds like good times. I love this place, time seems a bit slower down here.

The heat and humidity there will slow anyone down.

I forgot one place. As you pulled into Subic Bay toward the port where the carriers tied up at, there was an island there called, "Grande Island". It was a little like a resort for the ship crews. They had individual cottages and a liquor store, a bar and lots of recreational places there. The island was over run by Vietnamese people fleeing Vietnam and the government put them up on the island and took it away from the ships crews. Luckily I was an E4 at the time and glad of it because the ship crews had to go in as teams and clean up all the devastation the Vietnamese people did to that island. I got out on my last trip there after I got back to Coronado Island at San Diego so I never saw the place again.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I would go to Subic City, about 5-7 miles drive in a Jeepny, we ran in to a lot of Americans that got out and came back to the Philippines and opened up bars in Subic City. There is a whole other story about a certain trip there, in the military thread in the Lounge section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon