Factory fog light switch questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning!

I am trying to install one of my factory fog light switches into my 95. I have most of it figured out, as I saved the wiring diagrams I found.

My question is, the yellow wire is a park light feed. Is that necessary? I want to use it for fog lights, not parking lights. Or is that to make it so it won't work unless at least the park lights are on?

I already know the others...at least I THINK so...lol

pin A - dash light feed. (gray wire)

pin B - fog light relay. (coil - Yellow wire)

pin C - not used. (No wire)

pin D - park lamp feed. (Brown wire)

pin E - fog lamp feed. (Purple wire)

pin F - ground. (Black wire)

Has anyone else ever wired one of these up? If so, what did you do for the B and D pins?

If I make it work in the meantime, I will report back...

Shawn

OP
OP
95BlackTahoe

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I figured it out...It's a bit on the odd side, and really not what I had figured initially according to the diagram I had....

Here is how to make that switch work.

Black wire = Chassis ground

Purple wire \
> These two get hooked together...Then to the lights.
Brown wire /

(purple is for lighting the little orange indicator light in the switch, and brown goes to the lights or relay, that's why they tie together)

Yellow = 12V + wire, with key ON.

grey = dash lighting, hook to a grey dash light wire, such as the radio grey wire.

Put it all together, and it works like a charm.

Shawn

Firesq14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Shawn,

Thanks for the wiring tech info. The grey wire, does that need to be connected or can I cap it off?

Thanks
Chris

Firesq14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it illuminates the fog switch so you can see it at night.
Hello sun, according to what Shawn wrote the purple illuminates the switch light. Brown to the lights themselves. Grey to a dash light wire. So it would seem to be redundant

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect, this thread is just what I needed for my newly acquired Z71 bumper, foglights and OEM foglight switch

Indy02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
actually stop. i think you guys have it wrong as i notice you guys do not have a battery feed going yet. use the diagram attached for a standard tahoe/yukon.
Does anyone still have this file for the wiring diagram for fog light switch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz