Factory amp questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robhenry2990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 8 speaker premium sound with the amp under the seat. my question is can i replace the amp with an aftermarket but keep the stock speaker wires? or would it be best if i just ran all new wire to the speakers?

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wondering same.. got new headunit and did front doors now. have the small amp for the rear doors under seat. going to remove the 2 in roof since ill have subs back there eventually... i assume it would be just to unhook the stock wires from speaker and run new ones through each door to the location of amp? seems simple enough. not to thread jack but whats a good amp for 4 speakers. ive got pioneers

OP
OP
robhenry2990

robhenry2990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a power acoustics from like 99 that has always worked great. its a 4 channel 800 watt. ive ran it in many things lol. now i have audiobahn in the doors of the hoe but the amps screwed up and i dont want the hassle of running new wire under the carpet. but i will if i must lol

bigblacktahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check behind the glove box, to the right side

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

To answer the first question, it is better to rewire the truck if you're gonna adda 4 channel amp. You don't want to use the stock wiring if there is a factory amp in there. Or you could grab the stock wires AFTER the amp, and not run new wires into the doors.

OP
OP
robhenry2990

robhenry2990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just meant speaker wire. i ran a new power and ground. not behind the glove box either. but i found this little but of info http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9479 . i think when the sun comes up imma go out and look.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

thats exactly where its at pics to come soon

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I meant for speakers and see if it is under the drivers seat under the carpet. Just feel around for a lump on floor or mounted to bottom of seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick