Factory Alarm is going off for no reason

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan6769

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The factory alarm on my 2018 Yukon Denali has been going off at random the past 3 nights. Every time it’s happened at night. 9pm one time. Then between 11-11:30 the other two nights. Tonight it went off 3 times in about a 10 minute window. First time it’s happened more than once.

My model has the interior motion sensors and I just went out and turned them off.

Has anyone else had this problem? Only 5k miles on this thing — shouldn’t be happening! It’s glitching. Doesn’t happen during the day at all.

And no, no one is breaking into it.

The horn is honking and the high-pitch siren is sounding as well.

Any insight, guys? My neighbors have got to be getting mad at this point.

OP
OP
R

Ryan6769

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder why?

To update, I’ve been deactivating the interior motion sensors since and it hasn’t happened again. However, I didn’t do that tonight and so far nothing.

To answer those above — no animals are getting in the way and it has been raining but that shouldn’t do it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read about this before on the 2015+ and in most instances it was blamed on low battery power, odd as it may seem your battery shouldn't be going bad already, but just something to take into consideration for whatever it's worth.

gSwift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got back in town from a 2 week trip and when I returned and unlocked the door on my Denali, it beeped a few times and the display showed a theft attempt detected or something like that. It was garaged the whole time. It a 2018 with 3500 miles.

kiboater

Reaction score
My 2016 Denali did this a year ago several times one night for no apparent reason. However it has been a year with no false alarms. Parked on an open parking deck.

I wonder if the computer records which sensor caused the issue and the dealer could focus on a repair based on this info?

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the very same problem. However, mine goes off with vibration, I think... I park my 2018 Denali about 10 yards from a commuter and freight train line. During the week it goes off a couple random times every week. Seems to go away if I turn off the motion sensor for some reason. No other resolution found yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645