F*%#N Oil Leak!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should buy yourself HPTuners, One time purchase and you can play with the ecm all you want.. down the road if you pull the heads to do a full AFM delete

rv8pilot

Reaction score
I had a pretty bad oil leak in my '01 Yuk which turned out to be the rear main seal although it looked to be coming from higher up on the engine. Later I did the valley cover gasket as part of replacing the knock sensors. Be sure to check them as they rust up and go T.U. There are several threads on this here.

OP
OP
DaRosa218

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I had a pretty bad oil leak in my '01 Yuk which turned out to be the rear main seal although it looked to be coming from higher up on the engine. Later I did the valley cover gasket as part of replacing the knock sensors. Be sure to check them as they rust up and go T.U. There are several threads on this here.

I have the LC9 AFM 5.3L so my knock sensors don't sit in the Valley Pan as opposed to your '01, Thank God! I had a 2003 and 2005 Tahoe before so I had gone through this problem before with the oil leak and especially the Knock Sensors rusting as you mentioned.

It was definitely the Oil Valley Gasket and not the Rear Main seal as my Engine was just recently rebuilt. Looks like GM didn't tighten down the rear bolts of the valley pan to spec causing the oil leak. You can see where the oil was escaping.

Thanks for the heads up though

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the LC9 AFM 5.3L so my knock sensors don't sit in the Valley Pan as opposed to your '01, Thank God! I had a 2003 and 2005 Tahoe before so I had gone through this problem before with the oil leak and especially the Knock Sensors rusting as you mentioned.

It was definitely the Oil Valley Gasket and not the Rear Main seal as my Engine was just recently rebuilt. Looks like GM didn't tighten down the rear bolts of the valley pan to spec causing the oil leak. You can see where the oil was escaping.

Thanks for the heads up though

Cool,so you got it figured out and fixed up!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget