Exhaust Trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the GM/Borla Cat Back Exhaust installed on my 2018 Yukon Denali. That combined with the AFE CAI and that sucker screamed! Loved it...initially. Started towing and when the engine is under load, it was loud in the cab. Took out the AFE CAI and went with just the Dry S filter. That helped a lot with the decibel level. I guess I'm getting old and just want to enjoy peace and quiet while traveling so I'm looking to go back to stock on my muffler. I know I'll miss the rumble, but that's just where I'm at (today at least). GM Parts Direct has the stock setup for around $475. I thought if someone lived near me and wanted to swap my GM/Borla option for their stock option, we should make a deal. I'm near St. Louis.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, you're getting old. LOL

Good luck on the swap. Someone out there should be interested.

OP
OP

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In doing some additional research, I may keep the exhaust system and maybe try to install one of those Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonators. Anyone have any experience with those?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have a link to what you have ? i have a 17 burb (5.3) in st.louis right now for a few months...might be interested in purchasing a take off muffler if it is a bolt on part ???

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do NOT order from gmpartsdirect, they aren't what they used to be, you will regret ordering through them. I'm going on 15 days since my order was placed and I still have no ETA on my parts being delivered. I've reached out to them only to get snitty replies. I feel like I'm out $600 and 52 items. I can't even get a straight answer if I will be receiving my parts since the money was returned to my bank account. I will NEVER do business with them again after this.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I went with the Gibson exhaust, it was the only one I could find that was 3.5" all the way back. My wife complains when she has to sit in the back seat but otherwise not to bad. I got it on sale for under $500. All stainless and lifetime warranty. Their dyno test gained 22hp on the 2015 Denali. With the intake and trans tune I knocked .7 seconds off my 0-60 time. Still trying to sell the factory exhaust.