Exhaust System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some input on a exhaust system.....There are a few out the and not sure what to get....Is there any advantage in going for a full system versus just the resonator delete? I dont want it loud or for it to drone on the highway, just a nice rumble....Let me know you guys opinions

thanks

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CORSA catback FTW. It will give you a nice rumble at initial startup--a little deeper idle--mellow when cruising--NO DRONE--and it has a wicked bark when you lay into it. It is one of the more(if not most) expensive options but well worth it IMO.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell no to A corsa catback for your 07+ absolutly NO.
Yur already mandrel bent pipe.
Pull the resonator off and change the muffler to something that has sound you want.

Dont waste the $$ on swapping pipe thats exactly what you have now.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the gibson dual sport stainless steel cat back which is reasonably priced at just under $500. I haven't seen too many people using it, but personally i love it. It has no drone, idles with a nice rumble, and sounds mean when you get on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-65610-Stainless-Cat-Back-Exhaust/dp/B000LG07QU

they also make it in aluminum version for $400
http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-5610-Dual-Exhaust-System/dp/B000LFZUUO

If you are just going to go with a muffler, maybe something like a magnaflow would get you a nice sound, but i;m not sure about drone.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell no to A corsa catback for your 07+ absolutly NO.
Yur already mandrel bent pipe.
Pull the resonator off and change the muffler to something that has sound you want.

Dont waste the $$ on swapping pipe thats exactly what you have now.

So I didn't realize that 07+ pipes were mandrel bent. Makes sense to not replace the whole system from the cat back if the pipes are the same. So where does the drone"less" sound from (or not come from in this case) is it the muffler itself only? If so I could just buy a corsa sport muffler and have it put on instead of doing the whole cat-back and retain the same aggressive sound with no drone, is that right?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
+1 on Gibson. I've ran Gibson on my trucks for years, absolutely love them, especially for the money. On my 03 Denali I ran a Flowmaster kit which had some drone but certainly livable.

Haven't put one on the 07 yet. My 2010 Silverado has the Dual Sport Gibson and I love it.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a borla muffler that says its off a full catback and can be fitted to a tahoe/yuk/burb. That full kit cost around $800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borla-Muffler-cat-back-exhaust-Silverado-Suburban-Tahoe-Chevy-GMC-truck-/190641746028?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c6322306c#ht_500wt_1204

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

So I didn't realize that 07+ pipes were mandrel bent. Makes sense to not replace the whole system from the cat back if the pipes are the same. So where does the drone"less" sound from (or not come from in this case) is it the muffler itself only? If so I could just buy a corsa sport muffler and have it put on instead of doing the whole cat-back and retain the same aggressive sound with no drone, is that right?

you can just add the muffler and you will get the sound. the problem is they don't sell the corsa muffler by itseld, only in the full kit either sport or touring. Only way is if you can find a used one.

Last edited:

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you know if that would be the the touring Or sport version? I searched before trying to find just a muffler and never had any success. Good find! If it is the samemuffler as the sport I might give it a try

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

If so fOund it for $280

http://www.performancedepot.com/pdproductdisplay.php?sku=1126716

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega