Exhaust(?) sound cant tell where its coming from

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdxyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Posted a few weeks back, i have this noise i couldnt figure out, im thinking flex pipe leak but figured i'd see if anyone recognized this sound now that I have a good video of the sound:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted a few weeks back, i have this noise i couldnt figure out, im thinking flex pipe leak but figured i'd see if anyone recognized this sound now that I have a good video of the sound:

That sounds mechanical to me - like a PS pump. But I've seen catalyst media make strange rattling sounds similar to that when they start to go.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or any number of pulley/idler components. Maybe take the serpentine belt off and try again

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds heat shieldish. But the way it reverberates at only very specific RPM with a sharp roll-off says otherwise. Broken catalyst rattling around in the cat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas