exhaust help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moonshiner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first off this is my first post, althogh I'm on here a good bit reading and checkin out others rides. I have done alot of mods to my tahoe by just reading what you all are doin. So thanks. Anyway I was getting ready to put exhaust on my ride and was checkin out under the hoe and seen that my stock exhaust is 3" pipe all the way w/ single in and dual out Y'd back into single behind the tire. Is this normal('04 tahoe)? if so should I keep 3" pipe w/ the new exhaust or does it matter? Thanks for any help

red99ws6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that is normal. keep the 3" pipe going in and just replace the muffler. i done mine that way with a 40 series flowmaster dumped in front of the axle. sounds great but is pretty loud without the tailpipe.

OP
OP
M

Moonshiner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cool, I know it may vary from state to state, but is it legal to have turn downs in an suv or car. I thought it had to be like 8" behind the riding cab? I thought of a setup like that but was told it wasnt legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18