Exhaust crossover pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking under our Yukon the other day and noticed the crossover pipe for the drivers side exhaust is flattened quite a bit where it is routed from left to right. I was wondering if this is the way it was supposed to be or if we bottomed out and mashed it up this fall while two tracking the 'ol girl. I am pretty sure this is probably the way GM designed it, but just wanted to assure myself. I suppose I could crawl under a rig or two at the dealer, but I don't get there very often. Anyone looked under theirs?

Excuse the horrible pics and the dirty undercarriage. The snow started flying and the damn salt trucks have been out and about already.

Attachments

• yukon exhaust 002.jpg
    yukon exhaust 002.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 11
  • yukon exhaust 003.jpg
    yukon exhaust 003.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose so. The flattened area lines up just about perfectly with that low cross-member.

It seems that flattening a pipe would kill some of the natural flow, although I can't imagine GM would have done that without assuring there were no ill effects.

I was hoping a few would chime in and say that there's are the same way. Next time I make the trek into town I will just crawl under a few at the dealers lot.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On a stock vehicle that flattened pipe is not going to cause performance problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n