Ethanol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All gas now is E-10 which is 10% ethanol. It is a federal mandate.
Flex fuel vehicle can run off the optional E-85 which is 85% ethanol. Ethhanol is made from corn.

Yukon Joe XL

Reaction score
I have used the 85% ethanol in the past.(when gas was 4.35 and ethanol 3.10) Today the price difference doesn't save anything,in fact it costs more per fillup with the gas prices lower. The price has to be at least $1.00 less than gas to be economical.
Reason: less money per gallon but also about 2.5 less mpg.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
All gas now is E-10 which is 10% ethanol. It is a federal mandate.
Flex fuel vehicle can run off the optional E-85 which is 85% ethanol. Ethhanol is made from corn.

there are stations locally that make a big issue that their gas does not have ethanol in it. OK state law requires those stations that have ethanol to post on the pump if it contains it. The stations that claim they do not have it in their gas do not have stickers posted either.

Landshark

Reaction score
Don't think stations have to use the ethanol because we have stations around here that advertise they still carry 100% gasoline. Very few stations carry the E-85. Most are the 10% ethanol. I'm in Knoxville, TN.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in NY and when i type it in it shows a couple station but they are privately own'd by either transit or other auth.. waste of damn money i cant even use the thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84