Ethanol and Gasoline E10 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Hi.

Now we in Sweden did get a new Gasoline this summer that's are up to 10% Ethanol blend, now I haven't tried it out. It's rated our 95 octane, I don't know what it be converted to your standard, but normally I don't use it, I drive on our 98 octane and that's are mixed with approximately 5% Ethanol but think they can put in up to 7%, but not sure on that.

Now I wonder have anyone here been using blend's with 10% Ethanol and how did it go? Now I have the K53 robust fule system so the hardware in the tank hopefully will handle it, but can the computer correct it properly with the injector's?

Can it even go 100% on the E85?

Now the question are originated to the stupid high prices we have got here right now, my guess this is just the start. The 98 octane here cost 8,32 dollar/gallon (18,84sek/liter)

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here in the states all gas is 10% ethanol. and we rarely see over 93 octane. so your fine there.

if you got a 91-93 octane available you could run that with no issues.

to go full e85 you need larger injectors and a tune for the pcm.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
here in the states all gas is 10% ethanol. and we rarely see over 93 octane. so your fine there.

if you got a 91-93 octane available you could run that with no issues.

to go full e85 you need larger injectors and a tune for the pcm.
Ahhh super! Then I will give it a try next time at the pump. Did have a hunch about the E85 so thanks for verifying that and your quick response.

I have no interest in make my truck to a Flexi-fule, don't even think it's possible to get it legal here. Vehicle's after 1993 are translated hole car approved and changes can't be done at all that didn't was on the vehicle originally, some things they let go are towing hooks, tyre's and rim's and external lights like led bars. And we must go and have a total inspection every year, they even plug in the OBD and scanning some parts of the system so they will guarantee see changes in the software.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no modding kinda sucks, the obd2 scan they do in California can now tell if the emissions has been tampered with via a tune.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Did try 60% 98 octane and 40% Ethanol, not the result I was hoping for. Feel a delay between gaspedal and the response, didn't sound as hard ether, will not do this again.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only 10% works for stock engines. anything more needs to be a flex fuel set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA