Esky roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard much about the esky racks around here for a little while, and was wondering if anyone was looking to sell what they have. I'm more than happy to trade my oxidized stock roof-rack, if interested! :p Let me know.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scored mine off www.car-part.com for 100 bucks

Huh. Gave it a shot, took a few tries, but am getting an e-mail with pictures tomorrow morning from a vendor for one with crossbars for $175 shipped. Vendors seemed a bit iffy when I started asking for pictures, but this one was cool with it. If that site had pictures, even as an option, it'd be perfect. I feel I may be getting parts from it in the future. Maybe even an engine.

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the pics in this morning while at work and went ahead and paid at lunch. Looks like it needs a wash, polish, n wax, but so does the rest of my truck. I think I'll be happy, especially for $175.

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20140610_163347_zps1f6f0cee.jpg

Spent the day really cleaning the roof and the new rack, then got it installed in 10 minutes. Surprisingly simple. Looks great in my opinion. I found only 1 flaw in it. The front left end cap has some severe chipping going on, with 3 1x1" chunks missing on the edges. Its still black, only noticeable because its not gloss. May throw some rustoleum on it and see what happens, isn't crazy visible. None the less, for $175, I'm happy.

I have the 2 crossbars as well, but honestly I have no clue how these are installed. Anyone able to explain this?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 2 crossbars as well, but honestly I have no clue how these are installed. Anyone able to explain this?

pop off the rear (or front) caps and slide them in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork