Escalade hatch on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Suburbalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
I've been thinking on this and honestly, I've decided that if I swap the glass and 3rd light, almost everyone wouldn't notice that it's a Tahoe hatch. Plus, I should leave some parts stock just to say "This is factory, everything else isn't".

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
I've been thinking on this and honestly, I've decided that if I swap the glass and 3rd light, almost everyone wouldn't notice that it's a Tahoe hatch. Plus, I should leave some parts stock just to say "This is factory, everything else isn't".
This is what I want to do as well -- just the glass and CHMSL. Need to hit some yards soon.

OP
OP
S

Suburbalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what I want to do as well -- just the glass and CHMSL. Need to hit some yards soon.
I was just looking on LKQ, they have a couple Escalade's in stock that have a good rear glass and 3rd brake light. I'll see if they're good tomorrow, today is a fun day (Gonna go to Sassafras Mountain and have lunch). After I do this, I'll prep it for paint and have it sent to a good paint shop to paint it. I rattle-bombed it Black, I'm thinking the green that some 2002 Escalades had.

OP
OP
S

Suburbalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't done much with it, I did order the parts new (I didn't trust the ones at LKQ) and have them in the garage to install. I have the time, the tools, and the effort to it but I just haven't done it.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a Platinum Hatch because I don’t want to add the badge.

I used the factory power seat plug, and then hardwired the AC and heat. It’s the factory panel, but I wired it up differently. I think there is a better way, this is how I did it.
It's kind of unclear, did you use the factory seat control switch that's in the lower console dash in the Escalade Platinum, and just mount it elsewhere? Or did you use some other generic switch to control the seat cooling system?

I'm considering pulling a set of Platinum seats for use in a Tahoe also. I'll also have to have them recovered since the interior color is different on these seats vs my Tahoe.

Do you have any pictures of the wiring or notes/details on what color wire is what for the Platinum seats? Thank you.

Adventurenali, let's figure this one out for these seats. I'll let you know if I make any progress on this set since you said you still have the set also.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kind of unclear, did you use the factory seat control switch that's in the lower console dash in the Escalade Platinum, and just mount it elsewhere? Or did you use some other generic switch to control the seat cooling system?

I'm considering pulling a set of Platinum seats for use in a Tahoe also. I'll also have to have them recovered since the interior color is different on these seats vs my Tahoe.

Do you have any pictures of the wiring or notes/details on what color wire is what for the Platinum seats? Thank you.

Adventurenali, let's figure this one out for these seats. I'll let you know if I make any progress on this set since you said you still have the set also.
I reached out to him last month. He has no pictures of any of the Escalade conversion work nor has he provided any info on how he did any of the wiring. He just said “oh I just wired it all up but don’t remember how”…… I’m down to figure it out with you but unfortunately I don’t think the OP of this thread is going to be any help. Lol.
I have two platinum front seats and a center console. I can’t see why it can’t be done. I can’t decide if I wanna pull the factory control switch from the console and figure out separate wiring to control the heat/cool module and the switch, ram under the seats and console . I don’t know where to tie into power for any of it or how to run the wiring. But I also don’t think pulling the Escalade seat harnesses and trying to splice them into my Denali seat’s harness and then adding extra wires for the switch and module would be a viable option either. I don’t know!

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reached out to him last month. He has no pictures of any of their Escalade conversion work nor has he provided any k go on how he did any of the wiring. He just said “oh I just wired it all up but don’t remember how”…… I’m down to figure it out with you but unfortunately I don’t think the OP of this thread is going to be any help. Lol.
I have two platinum front seats and a center console. I can’t see why it can’t be done. I can’t decide if I wanna pull the factory control switch from the console and figure out separate wiring to control the heat/cool module and the switch, ram under the seats and console . I don’t know where to tie into power for any of it or how to run the wiring. But I also don’t think pulling the Escalade seat harnesses and trying to splice them into my Denali seat’s harness and then adding extra wires for the switch and module would be a viable option either. I don’t know!
At this point, it might be easier to just go get an Escalade rather than trying to make a Harley out of a scooter. Cycle people don't take offense at the example just used! But, you know what I mean... Easier to find what you really want than it might be trying to convert what you have into something it is not.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, it might be easier to just go get an Escalade rather than trying to make a Harley out of a scooter. Cycle people don't take offense at the example just used! But, you know what I mean... Easier to find what you really want than it might be trying to convert what you have into something it is not.
Had GM offered the Escalade in selectable 4wd like the Tahoe, Suburban, I would've done that. The AWD only is what pushed me away from the Escalade or Yukon Denali.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had GM offered the Escalade in selectable 4wd like the Tahoe, Suburban, I would've done that. The AWD only is what pushed me away from the Escalade or Yukon Denali.
Forum members: Please be assured that I am not knocking either Escalade or Yukon. 100% not. Awesome vehicles!!! Love them all.

Nor am I suggesting any one of these great rigs is any better (or worse) than they other. Nope. Just saying that sometimes, we have something specific in mind or on our wish lists. And for one reason or another we go with something different than what we REALLY want. When that happens, we become unhappy with what we have, no matter how great it is.

Sometimes it just puzzles me on the lengths that people are willing to go to in changing interior, then exterior, then...
Doing that seems to just take the process a lot longer and could potentially end up being more expensive.

I love Eskys and Yukons! I would not turn the opportunity to own either of them down.
But if that is what I wanted my truck to be inside and out, I would probably just sell my Tahoe and find one.

My Tahoe cannot compare to a lot of the really nice rigs other members have.
Not perfect. Sooo not perfect!

Not a performance truck or tricked out rig either. Just a simple 04 Z71 with 206k+ miles on her, a few imperfections and a fair amount of work that could still be done.
Will I try to make improvements? Sure.

But it is what it is; and that's fine. On the upside... I won't have to keep explaining to RMV inspectors that is really is a Tahoe under all this, even though everything they are looking at says Cadillac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9