Escalade hatch on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, this really helps! I'll have to source a Platinum hatch, and make new "Whipple-Charged" stickers. Just to confirm, I remove the clamps, and I just slide off the hatch and put the Escalade hatch on?

To answer, I swapped in the A/C Seats too. I didn't do it the right way, I remember the heated seats and power being the same as stock. As for the A/C function, you'll need an Escalade console (I think). I know that the SUVs and Trucks have a storage cubby beside the 12v outlet, it might fit there (If they didn't change it from 01-03). Now, how did I wire the A/C seats? Hardwired them. I didn't do the back seat heater/A/C, I could hardwire them but I just haven't. They're a little more comfy than my Sierra C3, but not by much.
There’s no difference between a standard Escalade hatch and platinum edition hatch. They’re both the same.

I have the console the factory switch. Did you hardwire with a factory switch and just hardwire into power in the truck? Or did you use a different switch to control heat and air cool functions?

OP
OP
S

Suburbalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There’s no difference between a standard Escalade hatch and platinum edition hatch. They’re both the same.

I have the console the factory switch. Did you hardwire with a factory switch and just hardwire into power in the truck? Or did you use a different switch to control heat and air cool functions?
I want a Platinum Hatch because I don’t want to add the badge.

I used the factory power seat plug, and then hardwired the AC and heat. It’s the factory panel, but I wired it up differently. I think there is a better way, this is how I did it.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a Platinum Hatch because I don’t want to add the badge.

I used the factory power seat plug, and then hardwired the AC and heat. It’s the factory panel, but I wired it up differently. I think there is a better way, this is how I did it.
Oh i got it you’re talking swapping an entire lift gate, not just the glass hatch portion.

redvette33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd like to know if this would work also. I was planning on always switching out the glass not the whole hatch

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know if this would work also. I was planning on always switching out the glass not the whole hatch
The glass will definitely swap out. Like I said earlier in this thread I did it to Yukon Denali with a glass from a 2005 Escalade ESV.

Will it still be a standard swap or will I need more fab-work?

I can’t see why it would need any fab work. I haven’t swapped the whole liftgate but I’ve played around with many in junkyards and also I have quite a few clients that I detail regularly for that have GMT800 SUVs, across all the three platforms. So I’ve seen a lot. They don’t appear to structurally be any different. The 2005 Escalade ESV that belongs to the family I lived practically next door with for nearly 8 years didn’t appear to be different than my Denali. Just a different cladding piece and the pull handle is different. But that doesn’t affect how it would mount to the truck. And from what I can tell they’re the same shape.

redvette33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will the 07 - 13 Esky or Tahoe rear glass work with the hatch? I have an 01 and the glass delaminated and my neighbor has an 07 that is wrecked and will sell me the rear glass from his Cadillac. I thought I saw somewhere where they switched the whole glass with hatch but I was wondering if anybody did just the glass to the 01-06?

OP
OP
S

Suburbalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One observation I made was that an Escalade rear glass is straight, and my Tahoe has a dip in it for the 3rd brake light. But its got a similar shape, if not the same. I'll see if my parts guy has the 05 Escalade still, I doubt it but I'll shoot him an E-mail and see what he says about it.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One observation I made was that an Escalade rear glass is straight, and my Tahoe has a dip in it for the 3rd brake light. But its got a similar shape, if not the same. I'll see if my parts guy has the 05 Escalade still, I doubt it but I'll shoot him an E-mail and see what he says about it.
Yes that’s why I put the Escalade glass on my Denali so the the base for the light lines up the way it’s supposed to the bolt holes like it do from the factory. That’s the easy part of the swap lol