Escalade/Denali upgrade/ replace suspension system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has gone thru this process and is there a package or parts list anyone would recommend?

I am the original owner of a 2011 Yukon Denali. It's at the point where the suspension badly needs to be replaced as well as the air ride shocks and compressor are shot. I want to upgrade over the OEM since I plan on keeping this truck long term.

I'm thinking I may as well do a 2/4 drop and upgrade the cornering on it. Looking for recommendations from others who have gone thru this.

Thanks in advance for any help and info.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
For clarification, are you wanting to upgrade the suspension while maintaining the Autoride and Auto leveling features or just keep the Auto leveling or get rid of all that and install "Dumb" shocks/struts???

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For clarification, are you wanting to upgrade the suspension while maintaining the Autoride and Auto leveling features or just keep the Auto leveling or get rid of all that and install "Dumb" shocks/struts???

Hey guys- I need to replace air ride shocks and compressor. I’ll keep the air ride unless there’s a better option that doesn’t downgrade the ride quality vs eom air ride.

I also plan on doing a 2/4 drop with Cornering upgrades(add on’s besides 2/4 drop normal items). The original front end suspension is pretty much toast at this point and I planned on a 2/4 drop so wanting to streamline this on my end.

I’m asking for any packages others have used to upgrade suspension and the 2/4 drop. I see the tony guys stuff in vendors section but wanting info from others who have been thru this before. Thanks in advance guys.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my front and rear shocks with OEM. I bought the truck with mag/auto ride for a reason. I also replaced all four control arms with new OEM because 3 of the ball joints had play and I replaced the front springs since they had sagged about 3/4” from new.

You don’t want a 2/4 drop or the rear will look lower than the front because of the slope of the roof. I used the Belltech 2/3 kit but you’ll want to use McGaughy’s rear shock extenders. The Belltech ones don’t extend the shock that much and the air shocks don’t like that. With the McGaughy’s extenders the shocks only wound up being about 0.5” shorter than at the stock height. The Belltech kit comes with new shorter links for the ride height sensors and shorter bump stops. I also used the Eibach sway bars. Everyone who’s driven my truck has commented on how great it rides.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You don’t want a 2/4 drop or the rear will look lower than the front because of the slope of the roof. I used the Belltech 2/3 kit but you’ll want to use McGaughy’s rear shock extenders. The Belltech ones don’t extend the shock that much and the air shocks don’t like that. With the McGaughy’s extenders the shocks only wound up being about 0.5” shorter than at the stock height. The Belltech kit comes with new shorter links for the ride height sensors and shorter bump stops. I also used the Eibach sway bars. Everyone who’s driven my truck has commented on how great it rides.

Good info here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m an idiot/ I see the title to my thread was a victim of auto correct. That’s on me sorry ‍♂️

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my front and rear shocks with OEM. I bought the truck with mag/auto ride for a reason. I also replaced all four control arms with new OEM because 3 of the ball joints had play and I replaced the front springs since they had sagged about 3/4” from new.

Regarding replacing the springs, outside of comparing the old & new springs next to each other, how did you know they had sagged? Also, is there an approx. age/mileage they would be replaced?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC