Escalade Cranks but Won't Start (New Fuel Pump)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just_dirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was driving the Lade to the store the other day and noticed it started to stumble driving up a small grade by my house. It stumbled about 3-4 times and cleared up and started to drive fine. Came out of the store and the truck would not start. It would just crank endlessly and that was it. Had it towed to my house and replaced the fuel pump thinking that was the culprit.

New Fuel pump went in yesterday, had to jump the rig because the battery had gotten weak from cranking the rig. It Fired right up! I let it idle for a while and then took it on a 10 minute drive around my neighborhood. Didn't notice anything weird, the truck seemed to run normal. Parked it in my driveway and came out to drive it 5 minutes later and encountered the same cranking but no start situation. Any idea what this could be?

Right before the truck died the first time I had just replaced the large negative battery cable (HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS), I'm not sure that it's related.

OP
OP
J

just_dirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: After letting the truck sit overnight I got it started this morning. I put the accelerator to the floor (to try and clear out the motor if it was flooded) and tried cranking it about 4 times and on the 4th time it reluctantly woke up. The exhaust fumes smell a little funny but it might be due to running rich right now. I have had issues with my evap solenoid and the truck not wanting to start on the first try after filling up but I don't know if thats related.

OP
OP
J

just_dirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem Solved: The coolant temp sensor plug wasn't properly seated. Truck runs like a top now. Threw the code PO118

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy