Erratic infotainment system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 GMC Yukon Denali. I frequently (2x/month) have erratic issues with the infotainment system, including, but not limited to: No sound, no heads up display, cannot change channels, no in car display, does not show speed limit on heads up display. Usually resolves when car turned off and back on. Sometimes it takes an hour off to clear. Dealer unable to identify issue.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2022 GMC Yukon Denali. I frequently (2x/month) have erratic issues with the infotainment system, including, but not limited to: No sound, no heads up display, cannot change channels, no in car display, does not show speed limit on heads up display. Usually resolves when car turned off and back on. Sometimes it takes an hour off to clear. Dealer unable to identify issue.
dealer has witnessed the problem happening? or is unable to replicate the problem when they look at it?
there is a difference with regards to warranty & repair.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suggest taking cell phone videos of it when it is happening...at least the dealer won't think you are completely crazy...I usually do this when there are intermittent problems...hard for them to argue w/ a video.

OP
OP
F

Forward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good idea. I am supposed to drive directly to the dealer when this happens so they can see the problem. Naturally, they cannot duplicate

Grlynerd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Symptoms: First began as songs blanking out from iPhone playlist, then progresses to automatically changing display to Audio above the steering wheel and then to a full blown wack job on the main screen.

-Tries to connect to another iPhone, from the list. Brings up phones in list that have been deleted.
-Calls random people from my call list.
-Switches continuously between Audio and Phone.
-Blinking in and out of windows that automatically scroll through.
-Buttons to try and switch between windows are not working.
-Home button works, but then the show starts and the thing goes into overload mode again with flashing screens and scrolling.
-Bluetooth mode is engaged.

Possible Causes:

The review mirror has come apart and we have had to remove the cover to be able to place it back in position. Could be wires were compromised and a. caused a fault in electronics b. caused surge and motherboard or c. fuse related issues.

Temperature has been over 100 for several days and unable to park in a garage.

Husband suggests a reset by using instructions found on line.

Bluetooth a. settings on iPhone need updated and cause an issue on Tahoe system. (Phone update necessary) b. Sync needs to occur between updates on iPhone and Tahoe System. Sometimes software updates don’t jive and can cause issues on the Infotainment System functions.

The harness can also cause Infotainment issues and I have read that the shark antenna is also an area of concern for this issue.

Will follow up with troubleshooting efforts and any fixes.

Comments and direction to other comments welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh