22 Tahoe Infotainment rebooting randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tschillerjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tahoe RST Duramax. Owned it for a year now and have loved it. However a few months ago, the infotainment system started randomly rebooting while driving. It would happen a few times, then it would seem to correct itself....but the problem kept happening randomly. I took it to dealership for an oil change and told them about the issue. They said that a software update would fix that problem...BUT the problems have gotten even weirder now. I still have the random rebooting going on. PLUS, some of the chimes/notifications are delayed. Example, I will hit the turn signal, the blinkers come on as normal, but the sound of the turn signal is delayed by about 10-12 seconds. Then turn signal goes off....and the sound continues for another 10-12 seconds.

Another example. Flipping radio stations takes 10-12 seconds to actually occur.

They are minor issues, but it is frustrating because everything in the car seemed to be working perfectly for 10 months....then out of no where, I have issues. Anyone else having these problems....or have a solution?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back to dealer; sounds like maybe a loose power/gnd, or possibly issues communicating on the comm bus...definitely should not be doing that. Have you tired/considered a system reset?

OP
OP
T

tschillerjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take it back to dealer; sounds like maybe a loose power/gnd, or possibly issues communicating on the comm bus...definitely should not be doing that. Have you tired/considered a system reset?
Thanks for the info.

I have strongly considered a system reset, but wanted to see what others said first before doing it.

Kperez2140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there, following up on this. Did the reboot work? We just bought a ‘22 RST and on the way home and the infotainment flashed 5 times. Not starting out great…

OP
OP
T

tschillerjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took it back to the dealer for an oil change and while I was there I talked to them about the issue. I was told that Chevy knows about this and they are working on a fix.

I Will be calling the dealership back this week to get an update.

James777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe RST. I really like the vehicle. Two Infotainment System issues. First, while driving, the Infotainment System will randomly shut off and restart. The screen states "device starting." If I am driving and on a call, the call will drop off the system but still be on my phone. Second, if listening to the audio, whether radio or sirus, the audio will cut-off for a second or two and come back on. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo Device Starting.png
    Photo Device Starting.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 2

James777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Suggestion: take a video of it happening, so that if they ever get to the point of saying it’s normal…you have evidence.
I had a similar issue with my 2023 RST. While driving, the infotainment system would shut off for no reason and then start back up. I contacted the service manager at the local dealership, and he told me to disconnect one of the battery terminals for a few minutes and then connect it back and see if that resolved the issue. I disconnected the negative terminal for a few minutes because disconnecting the positive terminal would have been a lot more complicated. I have not experienced the random rebooting and restarting of the infotainment system since then.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 2023 RST. While driving, the infotainment system would shut off for no reason and then start back up. I contacted the service manager at the local dealership, and he told me to disconnect one of the battery terminals for a few minutes and then connect it back and see if that resolved the issue. I disconnected the negative terminal for a few minutes because disconnecting the positive terminal would have been a lot more complicated. I have not experienced the random rebooting and restarting of the infotainment system since then.
I'm having the exact same 2x issues you previously described. Mine will only reboot once a week or so. No real rhyme or reason. Time, temp, usage are all over the board and haven't found any consistency yet.

Why does disconnecting the negative to the battery work?

Did you lose any settings that needed to be reset? Or lose any functionality?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts