Engine setting for years, what's the best way to prepare for start up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HDRock1

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got the Gaskets, bolts,T stat & new coolant,
so the O rings in the Fel-Pro MS98000T Manifold Gasket Set, are for the fuel lines, correct ??

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Something like that two small for the lines into spider. Slightly bigger on for a solenoid on upper section. Oval for spider and flat paper one for dizzy.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
What a good thread. I am about to go through the same exact thing. A 95 suburban sitting for 5 years. Rock, how easy was it for you to drop the tank, I have never messed with anything but a fuel filter before when it comes to fuel sytems.

OP
OP
HDRock1

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a good thread. I am about to go through the same exact thing. A 95 suburban sitting for 5 years. Rock, how easy was it for you to drop the tank, I have never messed with anything but a fuel filter before when it comes to fuel sytems.

No to bad really , had to cut hose clamps for filler and vent, cuz the way they were installed, no way to get a socket wrench , or anything on ,positioned new ones right ,no problem.
Be sure to put penetrating oil on strap bolts
And getting lines off fuel pump, see thread---, The tool I used is ,Tool I bought in pic

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42559

Another thread , http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42538
Took all day to clean the tank out

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts