Engine oil loss "HELP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there today I was checking my engine oil needle so it have 4 dots the first one is blank the other 3 is full
Remarks about this matter
*I changed my oil 3 months ago
*I walked about 1000 kilometers on it
*Last time i checked the oil was about two weeks ago and it was normal
*the car runs and drives normal nothing changed
Please any information will be helpful and much appreciated

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
no leaks at all? any in the radiator?

btw what kind of a leash do you use when walking a tahoe? i bet after a 1000 kilo walk it was famished and drank the oil to stay hydrated.

OP
OP
GM iraqi

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

btw what kind of a leash do you use when walking a tahoe? i bet after a 1000 kilo walk it was famished and drank the oil to stay hydrated.
No leaks at all and the radiator water is clear green no sign of mixed in it

Hahaha sorry for using the wrong word I will change it to DRIVE that will be better :beer:

OP
OP
GM iraqi

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I test if the radiator have oil in it

OP
OP
GM iraqi

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you show me a pic of these marks you are talking about?
Here is a picture of of the dipstick I use I already put a half letter of oil so now it's full
But when I posted the thread it was missing the first dipstick hole on the right side of the picture below and the rest were full I will also post a picture of coolant

IMG-20160217-WA0005.jpeg

0900c15280268d16.gif

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anywhere in that hash mark is considered full that picture of the dipstick appears as you have oil above the hash mark. Overfilling the engine should be avoided.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
correct. if in the cross hatch pattern you are fine. you appear to have nothing to worry about. for future reference grab the pdf file below. it is your owners manual that will explain such things and how to best address them.it has all the details on how to use the different funtions of the vehicle but keep in mind some part numbers used for maintenance may be superseded.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...evrolet/tahoe/1999_chevrolet_tahoe_owners.pdf

OP
OP
GM iraqi

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anywhere in that hash mark is considered full that picture of the dipstick appears as you have oil above the hash mark. Overfilling the engine should be avoided.
correct. if in the cross hatch pattern you are fine. you appear to have nothing to worry about. for future reference grab the pdf file below. it is your owners manual that will explain such things and how to best address them.it has all the details on how to use the different funtions of the vehicle but keep in mind some part numbers used for maintenance may be superseded.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...evrolet/tahoe/1999_chevrolet_tahoe_owners.pdf

Thank you both for your time and help I add only half letter of oil because I thought the markers must all be covered here is a picture for what it was 2 day ago

PhotoGrid_1455744843466.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401