engine oil light comes on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys ......i ve had my tahoe sitting for about 3 months without driving it. finally finished my project and started it battery dead! Put a new battery, and started it up, drove to the gas station and after about 15 min the engine oil light comes on and the oil guage desends to 0 and the chiming starts to turn of engine....its reads engine oil low. shut of truck and restart same thing after 5 min. check the oil it seems its ok level wise. prior to having it sit for 3 months put at least a 100 miles on it and everything was ok ......any suggestions thanks:Handshake:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you changed the oil? Oil pressure reading zero is not good. IMO change oil and filter to make sure the filter is not clogged.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Faulty oil level sensor?

I'd agree with this, except oil pressure is at 0. Maybe the oil pump/oil sending unit is failing?

OP, because you let your truck sit for long periods of time, I recommend getting some Z Max in her after you figure out and fix this problem. Dry starts can be a killer to any engine.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks..........whats Z Max

Forum statistics

Threads
Members