Engine knock and don’t know what it could be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The 6.0 was just another temp option with less work vs the 5.3. More hp/tq and poss flex with Reg gas. If you can save the mighty L9H, do it.

Price aftermarket heads vs having the OEM serviced. The significant flow will free up hp with little to no effort with a mild cam. Just enough to enjoy but not tweek the reliability of the rest of the drive train.

You should pick up a few mpg too. The 6.0L is a win for the 5.3 owners as well as the 6.2 owners that need something for short or long term on a budget.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heads are not damaged surprisingly but I am set on rebuild no matter the costs. Just had the cylinders checked and they are not severely damaged the shop said they can go .20 on the bore to clean them up.

that's good news. I saw the valve mark in the piston, looks like it had been hit repeatedly and figured it was jammed back up in the head.

I broke a cranks once, not an ls. but right behind the timing chain gear on the snout. (super charger and to tight a belt) at high rpm. so the pistons slowed down at one speed and valve trail slowed down at another. it bent ever intake valve over and jammed them on the head.

it was ugly. glad it's all fixable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709

Latest posts