Electrical Issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaymanJack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a 2009 Tahoe which has started showing some electrical issues i'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

I've got an issue where if i corner left quite hard, the doors seem to unlock and lock and the dome lights illuminate. doesn't happen all the time, sometimes just the dome lights. I also noticed when trying at a moderate speed (70mph+) the dome lights also illuminate.
Also occasionally the passenger front speaker will cut out.

I'm thinking maybe something in the front passenger door? but want to see if anyone has any other ideas before i start ripping into things.

thanks
Jack

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before going any further, I would first check all ground points in the engine bay and along the truck's frame to make sure that they are all clean and tight.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a loose connection. Probably check the door wire harness and wires and even the bcm. When i had my c5 i had similar symptoms. Turned out to be a wire backing off a pig tail harness on my passenger door causing the bcm to act up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT