Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have batteries progressed that far already? That was fast! It seemed like yesterday that they were catching fire or exploding at an alarming rate. And the expense you incur when it dies and won't fully charge anymore...it's around half the cost of a new one once you throw in the labor to swap it out. And what are they going to do with the dead batteries? I don't think they have a way to dispose of them that is enviro friendly. Just dig a pit, throw them in and cover them over? Sounds like what they do to nuclear waste. Let future generations worry about it. Fun Fact: Most delivery companies won't ship anything with modern batteries in them because of the hazard and potential of leakage or fire. And you want me to drive around with one?

I would rather have an alcohol/ethanol powered vehicle. I've seen it doesn't take much to convert a gasser to A/E. And it's renewable, not to mention much simpler and cleaner. I guess corporations can't make enough from it, so they're going for a complete system overhaul. And we're going to pay for it in more ways than one. Makes you wonder...

DRKN57

Reaction score
Have batteries progressed that far already? That was fast! It seemed like yesterday that they were catching fire or exploding at an alarming rate. And the expense you incur when it dies and won't fully charge anymore...it's around half the cost of a new one once you throw in the labor to swap it out. And what are they going to do with the dead batteries? I don't think they have a way to dispose of them that is enviro friendly. Just dig a pit, throw them in and cover them over? Sounds like what they do to nuclear waste. Let future generations worry about it. Fun Fact: Most delivery companies won't ship anything with modern batteries in them because of the hazard and potential of leakage or fire. And you want me to drive around with one?

I would rather have an alcohol/ethanol powered vehicle. I've seen it doesn't take much to convert a gasser to A/E. And it's renewable, not to mention much simpler and cleaner. I guess corporations can't make enough from it, so they're going for a complete system overhaul. And we're going to pay for it in more ways than one. Makes you wonder...
Energy companies buy used car batteries and use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2035 seems a little close for a total switch to EV for GM.

Do I think there will come a day in the not very distant future, where the lion’s share of new cars/trucks/SUV’s will be EV? I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Do I think the grid will keep up? Nope.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think it will pass 35 percent of the market overall. No infrastructure to support them and living with one is okay but without faster charging or a battery swap program they are glorified golf carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts