electric fan ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 01 Tahoe LS and i just recently installed a e-fan in it. The wire harness that I used is from Black Bear and i also just got a tune from Justin this past weekend in Pittsburgh. He tuned the pcm for the e-fan that they would turn on at 206 and shut off at 198.

When i hooked up the e-fan yesterday and turned the vehicle on, the right fan came on at full blast and would not shut off until i shut the vehicle off. I checked over all the wiring that i did and i am not sure where i went wrong. i put the blue 42 wire in the correct location along with the positive and negative. Justin showed me where to hook up the green a/c wire and i did that as well.

My question is has this happened to anybody else and if so what did you do to fix it. I think the problem is with the green a/c wire in that i maybe did not hook it up in the right spot.

thanks, jason

OP
OP
T

tater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jenna,

Would I be looking for a darker green wire to tap into with the a/c wire from the harness? I tapped into a wire, from the motor, that is the same color green from the harness.

By the way the tune is awesome. Could really tell a difference heading back the pa turnpike through the mountains. You guys are definatley an A+!

OP
OP
T

tater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe I fixed the problem. The right fan only turns on when the ac is on and shuts off as well on its own. thanks for the help jenna!!:Handshake:

DESIGN

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I so want E-fans and the the BB tune. Home improvements are taking all my toy money.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they really make a difference? i dont wana spend the money it be one of those things i kinda notice and then forget about ya know

OP
OP
T

tater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I should have took some pictures and did a write up, wasn't thinking. There is a tech article on here from blizzardx23 that i pretty much followed. This mod is pretty easy and if you can torque a wrench you will have no problems.

I can tell a difference in the throttle response. (not sure if it is from the efan or the tune from justin, probably both.) Seems like taking the clutch fan off frees up the motor.

If you are thinking about doing it, i bought the efan from partstrain.com for about $250 and the harness from justin for about $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito