Electric Cooling Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironrickbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HP Tuners like mentioned. I have it and in fact bought it just to change one parameter with my Performabuilt transmission that was causing it to go into limp mode. I’m average in the tech area ( I’m 64 so it’s expected) and I had no trouble figuring out HPT, copied my Blackbear Performance tune from my truck, transferred it to a laptop, looked up that function which was to throw a code or not throw a code for a 2-3 solenoid failure. My trans didn’t even use that solenoid according to my trans builder so I just told the tune to ignore that fault. I downloaded the new tune in my truck and my transmission was fixed.
What are credits ... do I need them yhe change parameters

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you buy them from HPT, $50 a credit. our trucks need two credits to unlock the tune so you can edit and flash it back to the pcm. and thats for unlimited editing. if you shop around they sell the hp tuners interface with any where from 2 to 10 credits. like hellcats take some crazy amount, 12 iirc.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m no expert, there’s others here more familiar but…Credits are needed to tune a vehicle. Each module requires one credit so if you’re just tuning the engine computer (ecu)you only need one credit iirc. A transmission computer (tcu) needs one credit also if your vehicle has a separate tcu. The older vehicles like my 02 only have one computer that controls the engine and the transmission so,it requires one credit to tune both. It’s the price you pay to use their programming software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne