Either...or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
So, I searched and haven’t found anything yet. Maybe I’m just a terrible searcher [emoji23]

Just looking for opinions, given the choice, would you pick a XL SLT graphite performance package that is literally identical to the Denali minus some exterior chrome and some tiny details on the inside or would you just go with the Denali for a couple extra $?

I, personally, am torn but leaning more towards the SLT with the 6.2 because I’m not a fan of all the chrome and would probably end up blacking it out anyway... but I do like the “Denali” name, if you will.

What would y’all do? Opinions, suggestions? What do you think will ultimately hold its value better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I searched and haven’t found anything yet. Maybe I’m just a terrible searcher [emoji23]

Just looking for opinions, given the choice, would you pick a XL SLT graphite performance package that is literally identical to the Denali minus some exterior chrome and some tiny details on the inside or would you just go with the Denali for a couple extra $?

I, personally, am torn but leaning more towards the SLT with the 6.2 because I’m not a fan of all the chrome and would probably end up blacking it out anyway... but I do like the “Denali” name, if you will.

What would y’all do? Opinions, suggestions? What do you think will ultimately hold its value better?

I'd pick the one I liked most without regard for resale value later on. Get the one you like, sounds like the SLT with the 6.2 to me.

OP
OP
R

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
You are correct, I am leaning more towards the SLT with the 6.2 out of the 3 Yukon’s I am considering. The SLT 6.2 just aren’t very easy to find - only have 1 within a 50 mile radius of me and I have searched a few other towns as well. So probably won’t be much negotiation room if I decide to go that route instead of the Denali as those are a dime a dozen.

YukonYeti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are correct, I am leaning more towards the SLT with the 6.2 out of the 3 Yukon’s I am considering. The SLT 6.2 just aren’t very easy to find - only have 1 within a 50 mile radius of me and I have searched a few other towns as well. So probably won’t be much negotiation room if I decide to go that route instead of the Denali as those are a dime a dozen.

I had the exact same choice to make and decided to go with the SLT graphite edition and graphite performance. I too, am not a fan of the chrome on the Denali. The blacked out look was what I was going for. I only found 1 at the dealer near me in NY. I would venture a guess that the Denali may have slightly better resale as it is the more popular version, but I can't imagine it would be a significant difference. Gotta go with the gut.
In my particular case, my resale may be dinged a little more because I opted to install the GMPP/Borla exhaust (which is awesome). But i would agree the other post, get what you want, not what will resell best.
Happy hunting.

OP
OP
R

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
While researching more last night I found out that xenon headlights aren’t even optional on the SLT. Are you for real!? For that type of money, that might be a deal breaker for me regarding the SLT 6.2. I know I could always do a retro like i ended up doing on my 2013 but that’s expensive or be a cheap-o and just throw in some HIDs (which i wouldn’t do, the goal is optimum light output [emoji6])

Is that correct or did I misunderstand while researching?

YukonYeti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While researching more last night I found out that xenon headlights aren’t even optional on the SLT. Are you for real!? For that type of money, that might be a deal breaker for me regarding the SLT 6.2. I know I could always do a retro like i ended up doing on my 2013 but that’s expensive or be a cheap-o and just throw in some HIDs (which i wouldn’t do, the goal is optimum light output [emoji6])

Is that correct or did I misunderstand while researching?

That is correct. The DRLs are LEDs but the headlamps are halogens. It is a little but of a mystery as to why GMC did that, but in my opinion, they work pretty good.
I agree that they should have been upgraded from the factory, but the price differnlential between the slt graphite and Denali is greater than even the cost of getting a great quality replacement headlamp.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I do agree at that price HID’s should at least be an option or standard once you get to the SLT or Graphite trim level.

That being said, the OEM Halogen headlights are projectors. Other owners have had great results in swapping in an HID kit into the OEM Halogen projectors. It’s nothing like just popping an HID kit into a traditional halogen reflector type headlight housing.

Maybe your next comparison would be the cost of HID’s and/or a retrofit vs. the cost to black out all the chrome trim on the Denali?

Either way you can’t go wrong with the 6.2 and 10 speed combo. Good luck in your search!

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say Denali because of more standard features, better resale, and easier to work a deal on them since they are easier to find. The 6.2/A10 is worth the cost alone so whichever you decide on you'll love it.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went RST because I do not have anyone I trust to black out a Denali to my standards. If you have the funds and a place you trust to do the black out I would do Denali all day long!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia