Eibach 2/3 Drop Kit - Install Write-Up (56k Warning)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obo

Reaction score
I think with the help of this write up I am gonna do it myself and save the money

tmtb2013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great write up. I am definitely going to do this now. Couple questions though. Is this the same setup as a say 3/5? Also, how is your ride now? Is it close to stock?

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up. I am definitely going to do this now. Couple questions though. Is this the same setup as a say 3/5? Also, how is your ride now? Is it close to stock?

As far as a 3/5 drop, if the components you use are the same parts, yes it should be. Most 3/5 kits I have seen are a combination of keys and spindles for the front.

as for as the ride, it is good on everything but the harshest roads.

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really nice write up! Be cool to see an add-on to this about removing the rear air shocks and how to properly dismantle the air ride system.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really nice write up! Be cool to see an add-on to this about removing the rear air shocks and how to properly dismantle the air ride system.

I haven't done it yet... I am talking with a guy from FOX shocks about a dropped Denali application.

If i blow one of my Air Shocks, it'll happen.

lioncub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time on this site , Im trying to understand how the shock extenders work , I lowered the truck installed 3 lowering springs and front and rear sway bars Eibach , Im going to install the front torsion key , and I installed airlift helper bags so it can keep the back up, I did that cause I tow .

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time on this site , Im trying to understand how the shock extenders work , I lowered the truck installed 3 lowering springs and front and rear sway bars Eibach , Im going to install the front torsion key , and I installed airlift helper bags so it can keep the back up, I did that cause I tow .

So, you did 3" springs in the BACK, right?

and then F/R Sway bars, RIGHT?

You WILL do the torsion keys.

and you added helper bags to the REAR springs, right?

If all this is correct,

Shock extenders are used to allow the shock to properly travel it's full range of motion, instead of driving around with the shocks compressed because of it being lowered.

lioncub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowering Truck

Yes all that is correct .
It would be best then to install the shock extenders ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission