EGR Disaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kphil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled my egr not to long ago and it really has done nothing for me. I was going to put it back in but the problem I have is I snapped 2 bolts going into the block... and really didn’t pay any attention to the rest of them does anyone know the bolt size and thread pattern for the whole egr system?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch that sucks they will have to be drilled out

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled my egr not to long ago and it really has done nothing for me. I was going to put it back in but the problem I have is I snapped 2 bolts going into the block... and really didn’t pay any attention to the rest of them does anyone know the bolt size and thread pattern for the whole egr system?
it would be on the bolt head, so if it was 10mm then it's probably 10mm 1.5

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum.

Just a recommendation, put your vehicle specific info in your signature. Unless of course every single solitary Tahoe and Yukon and Escalade from 2000-2006 is EXACTLY the same.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

You will find lots of folks here who are willing to share their experiences and perspectives.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they break off flush or did the heads pop off leaving a stud? Likely will need to drill them out oversize and install thread inserts for the prior, but a stud remover will work for the later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n