EGR Codes Thrown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Hey all!!! Just wanted to share some recent findings after a couple weeks of weirdness with both my rigs. My wife's '01 Trooper, and my Hoe have been throwing random EGR pressure codes. I've found that warming the rigs up an extra 5 minutes makes the codes not show. Hope that helps someone, even though I can't for the life of me remember the codes...

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoot, does warming up a V8 matter that much? i've wondered that with my 99Yukon, but i just start it, wait a minute and then drive away, but i stay easy on the gas, keeping it below 1500 rpm until it warms up.

OP
OP
ravingmadman

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I know it isn't easy on any engine to just fire it up and red line it. :) But with the colder wet weather, in both my Hoe, and the trooper, if I fire them up and drive off, I'll have to clear the codes and SES/CEL. If I give them time for the needle to come off the stop, I have no issues. We'll see if this turns into something else later on....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts