EFILive AutoCal Release- Get on the list!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Can't wait for these to come out as I'll need an updated tune for the tvs. Subscribing.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tuning of the 6 speed isn't the issue, the problem is that the transmission computer is inside the transmission, requiring tuning to be performed directly through the OBD2 port. The V2 will fully allow that and the AutoCal will just as soon as they (EFILive) have finished the firmware and software development for that device. At the moment, the AutoCal is able to record data and retrieve calibrations through the OBD2 port, it just cannot perform any programming function.

Ok Justin, I believe what you're saying is that I can get a "handheld" solution if I want to blow $800 on the V2, but the Autocal will do the same thing for less once the "write" function is sorted? We will still be able to send data to you from it for fine tuning and flashing of new tunes if necessary? Will there be a cost for new updates?

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Justin, I believe what you're saying is that I can get a "handheld" solution if I want to blow $800 on the V2, but the Autocal will do the same thing for less once the "write" function is sorted? We will still be able to send data to you from it for fine tuning and flashing of new tunes if necessary? Will there be a cost for new updates?

The V2 is a much more featured device than the AutoCal and does not function like a traditional handheld device. It is more of a very powerful scan tool with all programming requiring a laptop. The laptop-less write function will be finished for the V2 and AutoCal at the same time.

The AutoCal will not have any preloaded tunes on it from us, the process will require you to retrieve your factory tune files, email them to us along with data logs and then we will email back a "tune" file for you to copy to the device and program in.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can this be used with a MAC?

I think I'll need to get one of these for the blower and E85 tuning you think?

-E

While the EFILive software does not work with a MAC, the AutoCal and V2 do both have SD memory card slots so you would be able to receive and install tune files, you would just be unable to view any of that data yourself.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The V2 is a much more featured device than the AutoCal and does not function like a traditional handheld device. It is more of a very powerful scan tool with all programming requiring a laptop. The laptop-less write function will be finished for the V2 and AutoCal at the same time.

The AutoCal will not have any preloaded tunes on it from us, the process will require you to retrieve your factory tune files, email them to us along with data logs and then we will email back a "tune" file for you to copy to the device and program in.

That's what I thought. As soon as you can ship it, I'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094