educate me on gears guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Don't forget you'll have to get 2 sets of gears due to your 4x4!!!!

x2

How about a higher stall converter instead of gear change? Improve off the line performance but still have the gearing for highway cruising and decent MPG? :shrug:

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
I have 4.10's in my Yukon... It is great for towing, but not great for gas mileage. I average 10MPG around town and 12.9MPG on the hwy. Sometimes, if I really really try, I can get 14MPH. I also have the 6.0 engine.

It all comes down to what you are looking to do. I would put money into HP and Torque, not gears. If you are trying to turn your truck into a sports car, just get a sports car.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supercharger is alot fo money, and changing gears makes sense if you have aftermarket height tires, IF it makes sense. You have a 6000 lb. XL 2500 series with 6.0 is why your gas mileage is so low.
I've seen Yukons and Tahoes running 13's, now that's more impressive than a car going 11's.

Gears is just another equation, to help in HP and TQ. While not adding to the actual power, it's the formula that equates it.

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
i just picked up a set of 3.73 for my ta for 180$ out the door. bearings, crush washer and shims n shit are bout 70 bucks around here. the install is going to be free! do it yourself. its always better to know about your truck. instead of paying somebody else to learn how to do it

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
possibly, but the GM need backlash setup, or you'll have excessive wear, and noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts