Let's Ask This Question Another Way...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM 2500 SUVs are hard to come by and demand premium $$$.

Have you considered a Silverado 2500? They will be much more affordable. Throw a grandpa camper cap on the back and you have more storage than a suburban anyway.
I think the seating capacity was one of the main desires of keeping the SUV body style.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bobsburban

bobsburban

Reaction score
GM 2500 SUVs are hard to come by and demand premium $$$.

Have you considered a Silverado 2500? They will be much more affordable. Throw a grandpa camper cap on the back and you have more storage than a suburban anyway.

Actually, a Silverado/Ram/Super Duty might be the direction I head if a 3/4 ton is in the future. I don't really have any need for the third row seating, so a crew cab 4x4 would fill the ticket. A Decked or similar cargo management system and a camper cover would be an excellent alternative, especially as aftermarket support is so much better.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
If you do go down the pickup path, just be mindful of the capacity numbers on 2500’s. Lots of purchasers get a shock when they find out the inadequate cargo capacity they have left after they buy a truck with a crew cab fully optioned and especially with a heavy diesel under the hood.

It’s the same discussion all over again, just at another level. “ What do you mean I need a 3500???”

Gas 2500’s generally have significant capacity. Some diesels, not so much.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a believer in the tow vehicle has to be bigger than the towed! Emergency Braking with a heavy trailer pushing is no fun, especailly when you feel all the flex in that light frame effecting steering too.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be aware - my buddy has a 2016 Silverado 2500HD. There's a significant difference in ride/harshness compared to the 2500 SUVs. Something to think about if this is someone's daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons