Eclipse AVN5500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast_jason

Reaction score
I just purchased an Eclipse AVN5500 for $90. All i got with the unit was the main wiring harness and iPod adapter. It did not come with the Video input/steering wheel control wiring harness. What does this do and do I need it?

Is there a sleeve that goes over the unit for installing with the dash kit like single din units? If so, I don't have that either.

I'm also looking for a map disk if anyone has one or can burn me a copy.

BeaverGod

Reaction score
I just purchased an Eclipse AVN5500 for $90. All i got with the unit was the main wiring harness and iPod adapter. It did not come with the Video input/steering wheel control wiring harness. What does this do and do I need it?

Is there a sleeve that goes over the unit for installing with the dash kit like single din units? If so, I don't have that either.

I'm also looking for a map disk if anyone has one or can burn me a copy.

steering wheel control is enabled by a seperate interface unit that runs about a hundred bucks at a store. PAC audio makes one model SWI RC. you need to program it however and the resistors require soldering to work properly

it would enable you to control the volume, see through radio/tracks, and in some cases select sources. the options depend on the vehicle

Bigsteve04Ho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an avn 5510 and I had to order the other harness off ebay.you must have it for the park brake wire and rca outputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable